Monday 30 January 2012

January RAK

Random Acts of Kindness is an awesome monthly event hosted by the amazing girls at BookSoulmates. Every month you want to participate you sign up with your wishlist, and the idea is that then you send out books to other people from their wishlists, and hopefully somebody will send you something from yours! I first participated in this way back last summer, but haven't received anything for a while although I've still sent out 1-2 books every month. However, this month I have been a very lucky girl! 

Firstly, here is what I sent out:
Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon to Sarah at Whispering Words. I went on a bit of Turgeon obsessive last year, and I hope she loves it as much as I did!








The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which I adored & cannot wait to see the film of, and......









... Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithian to Amy of Lady Reader's Bookstuff (whose blog design is gorgeous!). I really want to read this book!








Laura from The Scarlet Letter sent me not one but two books, both of which I've been desperate to read for ages. She absolutely made my day, and I'm so excited to read both of them!

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen - one of my favourite new discoveries from 2011, this is the only one of her novels I hadn't read, and I pretty much got stuck in as soon as it arrived and adored it!








 
 The Happiness Project by Gretchen Reuben - A while back this was all over the blogosphere, and I have to admit to loving this kind of thing. I enjoy memoirs, especially of the self-improvement/potential fulfilling variety. This will also be making an appearance on the blog in the near future I would imagine.

Thanks so much, Laura!



I have to say one of my favourite things ever is finding an email from somebody saying that they want to send me an RAK. It really brightens up my day, and I enjoy sending them out almost as much. I love the added surprise of not knowing what's coming until it arrives, and it really makes me feel good about the state of the world to know that there are lots of people out there spending their hard earned money on sending books to random strangers purely because they know how great it feels to get an unexpected book :-) 

1 comment:

  1. I STILL have Carolyn Turgeon's other book on my TBR! I'm really looking forward to reading it, but so many books, so little time :) I want to read The Help at some time too.

    I read The Happiness Project last year, but I definitely need to buy myself a copy at some point. There are so many tips for making the most of every aspect of your life, and who can resist such a colourful cover?

    ReplyDelete